ABC Nursery School is committed to providing the fun, safe, inclusive atmosphere that we always have. By working with the City, the Ministry, Public Health and agencies such as ASCY we will ensure that we are taking all necessary steps to protect the children, families and staff in our centre.
We look forward to welcoming all families back in September!
- Upon arrival, the parent/caregiver/staff member will be asked if they or the child/children have any COVID 19 symptoms.
- A sign off sheet will be provided daily to record the acknowledgement that they are symptom-free.
- Children and staff will wash their hands upon entering the classroom and regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will also be used when appropriate.
- Physical distancing will be encouraged as much as possible.
- Reasonable expectations will be established based on the age of the child, and interactions with peers and educators.
- Group activities will be limited but not restricted. For example, there will be table activities, less children per table.
- There will be no unnecessary visitors, volunteers or tours during the reopening phase.
- Enhanced cleaning, sanitization and disinfection of the centre.
- Frequently touched surfaces (IE: door handles, tables, chairs and toys) will be cleaned and disinfected at least 2x per day.
- All cleaning will be recorded for accuracy and logged for Public Health Records.
- Staff have been provided with additional training specific to the new protocols provided by our regional Public Health.
- Training will be ongoing as Public Health guidelines change and evolve.