ABC Nursery School is committed to providing the fun, safe, inclusive atmosphere that we always have. By working with the City, the Ministry, Public Health and agencies such as ASCY we will ensure that we are taking all necessary steps to protect the children, families and staff in our centre.
Here is the link to the online screening tool:
**In order to minimize interactions with multiple children, we have chosen to start the 2021/2022 school year with a 2-day per week OR 3-day per week model. Families have the choice of Monday, Wednesday and Friday OR Tuesday and Thursday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday can be full OR half day and Tuesday and Thursday are half day only. This is subject to change as the Covid-19 pandemic evolves.
COVID 19 HEALTH & SAFETY PROCEDURES
We have put together the following added health & safety measures in response to the COVID 19 pandemic. There are specific protocols required by our regional public health authorities that we will adhere to. We have outlined below the standards that will be practiced at our Nursery School.
- Prior to arrival at school each day, parents are required to complete the online screening tool for school and childcare. Once complete and a green checkmark is provided, please screenshot and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to SeeSaw.
- Children and staff will wash their hands upon entering the classroom and regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will also be used when appropriate.
- Physical distancing will be encouraged as much as possible.
- Reasonable expectations will be established based on the age of the child, and interactions with peers and educators.
- Group activities will be limited but not restricted. For example, there will be table activities, less children per table.
- There will be no unnecessary visitors, volunteers, open houses, or tours during the Covid-19 pandemic. A ‘virtual’ tour is on our website and on our Facebook page.
- Enhanced cleaning, sanitization and disinfection of the centre.
- Frequently touched surfaces (IE: door handles, tables, chairs and toys) will be cleaned and disinfected at least 2x per day.
- All cleaning will be recorded for accuracy and logged for Public Health Records.
- Staff have been provided with additional training specific to the new protocols provided by our regional Public Health.
- Training will be ongoing as Public Health guidelines change and evolve.
We look forward to welcoming all new families and children at ABC!