ABC Nursery School is committed to providing the fun, safe, inclusive atmosphere that we always have. By working with the City, the Ministry, Public Health and agencies such as ASCY we will ensure that we are taking all necessary steps to protect the children, families and staff in our centre.
**In order to minimize interactions with multiple children, we have chosen to start the 2021/2022 school year with a 2-day per week OR 3-day per week model. Families have the choice of Monday, Wednesday and Friday OR Tuesday and Thursday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday can be full OR half day and Tuesday and Thursday are half day only. This is subject to change as the Covid 19 pandemic evolves.
COVID 19 HEALTH & SAFETY PROCEDURES
We have put together the following added health & safety measures in response to the COVID 19 pandemic. There are specific protocols required by our regional public health authorities that we will adhere to. We have outlined below the standards that will be practiced at our Nursery School.
- Prior to arrival at school each day, parents are required to ‘pre screen’ using the SeeSaw app. Upon arrival, the parent/caregiver will be asked if they or the child/children or any person in their household, have any COVID 19 symptoms according to the most updated Child Care Screening Questions at that time.
- A sign off sheet will be provided daily to record the acknowledgement that they are symptom-free.
- Children and staff will wash their hands upon entering the classroom and regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will also be used when appropriate.
- Physical distancing will be encouraged as much as possible.
- Reasonable expectations will be established based on the age of the child, and interactions with peers and educators.
- Group activities will be limited but not restricted. For example, there will be table activities, less children per table.
- There will be no unnecessary visitors, volunteers, open houses, or tours during the reopening phase. We will make every effort to have a virtual tour done and will post on our website by the end of August.
- Enhanced cleaning, sanitization and disinfection of the centre.
- Frequently touched surfaces (IE: door handles, tables, chairs and toys) will be cleaned and disinfected at least 2x per day.
- All cleaning will be recorded for accuracy and logged for Public Health Records.
- Staff have been provided with additional training specific to the new protocols provided by our regional Public Health.
- Training will be ongoing as Public Health guidelines change and evolve.
We look forward to welcoming all families back in September!